none
Is there a way to show different Expected Results based on OS for a single step without having to create multiple test cases? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to show different Expected Results based on OS for a single step without having to create multiple test cases? I have multiple configurations defined in my test plan.  I am creating application installation test cases where the steps to install are the same across OS's, but the Expected Result for the last validation step varies based on the OS (i.e. "On WinXP and Win7, there are shortcuts on the Start Menu for...", "On Win8, there are shortscuts on the Metro Desktop...".

Thank you.

Jolene

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:37 PM

Answers

• Hi bjolene,

Thanks for your post!

As far as I know, the Expected Results couldn’t base on the conditions.

We could add the details to describe the conditions.

For the Expected Results base on the conditions feature, I suggest that you could submit this feature request: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio . The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your idea there so the others can vote it. If you submit this suggestion, you might post that link here which will benefit others who has the similar issue.

Thanks

Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:18 AM