none
Immediate response RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have a Logic App which calls an API management endpoint. Is it possible to make API management to return 200 immediately and then continue pipeline execution? Seemingly simple question, but I can't figure this out... All I could find is how to return response and abort execution, but it's not what I want. I want to return response first and then continue execution - that is calling backend service, etc.. 

Thanks!

Monday, February 11, 2019 8:11 PM

All replies

• Hello fly2

If you're already using Logic Apps and not going to need the response back from backend after pipeline execution in APIM, why not call your APIM endpoint in parallel branch in your Logic Apps workflow?

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 2:04 AM
  • Thank you, Mike, for the recommendation.

I am working on a "Central Logging" solution to log business/technical events. The central logging endpoint will sit behind the API Management. There can be multiple calls from a single logic app, so creating parallels for every call won't be pretty. Add to this that we are planning to use central logging not only with logic apps.  

I am considering creating a central logging Logic App which immediately returns response to the caller and then calls API Management endpoint. 

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:46 PM
  • Hi fly2 Were you able to get this working the way you wanted above?
    Monday, April 22, 2019 11:13 PM