Deploying C# dll with vb6 interops RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have a set of existing VB6 COM libraries (dll's). I Also have an existing C# library(dll). This library was originally a complete stand alone.

I have since added some functionality to the C# library that calls on the functionality of the existing VB6 libraries. I am using interop files for this purpose.

This all runs fine on my development machine but I cannot get it to run on the target machine. Do I need to register the interops? What am I doing wrong. Can someone please tell me how to deploy/install the package.No errors occur when I install using the msi package built with 2003 however, when I try to instantiate the C# object from my web page on the target machine I get an error code that implies that something is not registered correctly.

The current situation is as follows.

1. the vb6 COM libraries (dll's) are installed and working fine on the target machine. I need to install a C# dll and the interop files that allow the C# library to communicate with the already installed vb6 COM objects. Please help....

Thursday, June 14, 2007 4:23 PM

All replies

• Hi pdraper,

You said that you get an error when you tried to instantiate the C# object from your web page. So could you please post the the error in more detail?

Thanks!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:13 AM