Changing Tilt, pan and Zoom of WebCam from WebPage RRS feed

• Question

• User-1307730937 posted

Hi All,

Could anybody give me a  sort of example in C# for changing TPZ (tilt, pan and Zoom) of Logitech orbit camera. After exhaustive excersize on Internet, I am able to understand that I will have to deal with directshow.net. Unfornutely I could not find enough articles which can explain this thing. The SDk provided by Logitch only cotains one example written in VC++.

http://www.quickcamteam.net/documentation/how-to/how-to-control-pan-tilt-zoom-on-logitech-cameras/PTZ-1.1.zip/view?searchterm=PTZ-1.1

I want similar functionality with photo capturing facility. I am not looking for a complete solution, Just a hint or demo kind of example would be fine.

Thank you for your time.

Friday, February 19, 2010 10:46 AM

Answers

• User2130758966 posted

Hey,

You cant access the web cam hardware that is connected to the visitors computer.

You might be able to get something working if you have it plugged into your server - is that your scenario?

To access a webcam through a web page you can use Adobe Flash or Microsoft Silverlight (only added in upcoming v4 release).

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, February 19, 2010 11:49 AM

All replies

• User2130758966 posted

Hey,

You cant access the web cam hardware that is connected to the visitors computer.

You might be able to get something working if you have it plugged into your server - is that your scenario?

To access a webcam through a web page you can use Adobe Flash or Microsoft Silverlight (only added in upcoming v4 release).

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, February 19, 2010 11:49 AM
  • User-1307730937 posted

Thanks for your reply. Yes you are right, I have to do something in silverlight for this. In my scenario, the webcam would be attached to client's PC.

So I would have to do something in client scripting, flash or silverlight 4. Anyway, thanks again and hope I would be able to apply this.

Saturday, February 20, 2010 12:03 PM