Is this toolkit compatible WPF RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing a healthcare solution using WPF and I was wondering if anyone had any guidance on how this sdk can be used with WPF. I want to able to connect to the ppe and update states based on the user of the app.
    Monday, April 5, 2010 11:12 PM

Answers

• You can build a SODA app using WPF. If you look in the current SDK, you will find a soda sample (I think it's called "client sample", or something like that).

Note that we haven't quite closed on all the requirements for applications to go live with SODA apps.

The other option that partners have used is to be build a web-based proxy that their client application talks to.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 4:07 PM
  • Much of the SDK functionality is built to support a web-based interface, but large parts are platform-independent-- you can use WPF or WinForms or whatever other UI you like.  The underlying object model only requires .NET, and serves as a middle tier layer for the interface of your choice.

The security constraints around protecting your applications private key are where some of the caution comes in-- you can't just use the same approach from a web interface on a client computer, as this would expose your private key and compromise your application identity.  SODA is the integration model we've developed to directly support client applications.  Alternately, you can build a web proxy using the non-SODA approach, and have your client app connect to your own web proxy, and the HealthVault connection and integration would occur between your web proxy server and HealthVault at that point.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 6:03 PM

All replies

• You can build a SODA app using WPF. If you look in the current SDK, you will find a soda sample (I think it's called "client sample", or something like that).

Note that we haven't quite closed on all the requirements for applications to go live with SODA apps.

The other option that partners have used is to be build a web-based proxy that their client application talks to.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 4:07 PM
  • Much of the SDK functionality is built to support a web-based interface, but large parts are platform-independent-- you can use WPF or WinForms or whatever other UI you like.  The underlying object model only requires .NET, and serves as a middle tier layer for the interface of your choice.

The security constraints around protecting your applications private key are where some of the caution comes in-- you can't just use the same approach from a web interface on a client computer, as this would expose your private key and compromise your application identity.  SODA is the integration model we've developed to directly support client applications.  Alternately, you can build a web proxy using the non-SODA approach, and have your client app connect to your own web proxy, and the HealthVault connection and integration would occur between your web proxy server and HealthVault at that point.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 6:03 PM