none
.net framework 3.5 offline setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'd like to deploy my c#-application to customers, that have no internet connection on their computers. But the setup generated in the visual studio 2008 seems to require a connection to the internet in order to update the .net environment. I found just a package of 197MB, containing all versions until 3 for offline installation. Is there any other possibility than distributing 197MB along my 2MB application?

Best,

kunz
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 2:28 PM

Answers

• You could deploy your application using a batch file. You could use the msiexec command with relevant switches to launch the installation of the .Net runtime and then your application. You could also use a check for the installation folder of .Net to see if they need it installed.

One thing to note even with the full version of Visual Studio where you package the prerequisets you cannot install the prerequisites silently the use still has to agree to EULA. Additonally the user will need to be logged on as an administrator to install .Net even if your application does not require administrator rights.

Bro Num

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 4:59 PM

All replies

• Yes. When you create a deployment package you can bundle the required .Net runtime and any other components into the installation as Prerequisites. The following link should help you out, at the bottom are two links depending on your deployment strategy.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/77z6b8tz(VS.80).aspx

Bro Num

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 2:33 PM
  • Thanks for your reply. But I have the Visual Studio Express version where those dialogs are not available. Except to buy the full version are there other options?

Best wishes,
    kunz
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 3:06 PM
  • You could deploy your application using a batch file. You could use the msiexec command with relevant switches to launch the installation of the .Net runtime and then your application. You could also use a check for the installation folder of .Net to see if they need it installed.

One thing to note even with the full version of Visual Studio where you package the prerequisets you cannot install the prerequisites silently the use still has to agree to EULA. Additonally the user will need to be logged on as an administrator to install .Net even if your application does not require administrator rights.

Bro Num

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 4:59 PM
  • http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/0/f/60fc5854-3cb8-4892-b6db-bd4f42510f28/dotnetfx35.exe
    around 200mb (197 i think)
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:17 AM
  • Alex272727

Where did you get the 197 MB of redistributing stuff?

I need that stuff also.....THANX

Monday, March 28, 2011 3:13 AM