Power Pivot client support with Office 365 E3 subscription RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is support for the Power Pivot client included with the Office 365 E3 subscription? 

I was told, after filing technical support incident through the Office 365 support interface, that Power BI support was outside of their support boundary if the problem is found to be within the Power BI client inside of Office themselves. Office 365 team does not support add-ins.

I then went to the Office support site and tried to file an incident. I entered the key on the "About Excel" page and got an error message on the Office support page that I am not entitled to a support incident for this key. Is that true? 

If it's true that I'm not entitled to product support for this, I am shocked to hear this since at $45/mo per user I would have thought support was included. If not, could you please tell me how to fill in the support fields so I can use my E3 subscription for the support request.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 6:24 PM

Answers

• never mind this is probably the wrong forum - I will repost in Office 365

Posted here - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bc707f22-4639-44da-a6f6-01fcfb3a1b6e/power-bi-client-support-with-office-365-e3-subscription?forum=powerbiforoffice365.

You can probably delete this thread

• Edited by Cathy Dumas Tuesday, September 9, 2014 6:33 PM added cross reference
    • Marked as answer by Elvis Long Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:14 AM
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 6:28 PM