none
Error using waimportexport tool: Command failed - Invalid share type. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - I get the error "Command failed - Invalid share type." when trying to run the waimportexport v1 tool.

The string I'm running is below (*'s used for censoring)

WAImportExport.exe PrepImport /j:firstdisk.jrn /id:session1 /sk:aXNeXw****vNH8kzvh7/o***0mlM5dI5JIv6LVsHxd7b2L****AUjyHvQSJA== /t:e /bk:*****-*****-****** /srcdir:e:\ /dstdir:backups

The source drive is encrypted via bitlocker and already has the data transferred to it.  The source drive is attached to my pc in a usb cradle, and i have put the bitlocker key in so that I can view the contents of the drive.  Anybody see what I'm doing wrong here?  Been beating my head against the wall with this one.

thanks!

Thursday, August 1, 2019 12:48 AM

All replies

• Can you refer to the suggestion mentioned in this article:Regarding the  Setting up the Azure Import/Export Tool

Based on the error message there is MSDN thread discussion, can you refer to the suggestion mentioned in this link.

Additional information: You may refer to the suggestion outlined in this article

If the issue still persists, please share the screenshot of the error message or error code.

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third-party World Wide Web site. 

Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

Thursday, August 1, 2019 9:35 AM
  • @SatTech45  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 10:38 AM
  • @SatTech45 Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 5:41 AM
  • HI - Thanks for the response.  That is the guide that I followed to prepare the drive. Here's a screenshot of the command and the result.
    Friday, August 9, 2019 8:58 PM
  • Try using the Using the RepairImport command and let me know the status.

If the issue persists, Could you please reach to me via AZCommunity[AT]microsoft.com with a link to this Issue as well as your subscription ID with screenshot. Please mention "ATTN subm" in the subject field. I would like to work closer with you on this matter.

You can also try to use Azcopy tool , which one of the best tool with great performance.

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

Monday, August 12, 2019 7:53 AM
  • @SatTech45 Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 10:42 AM
  • @SatTech45 Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 6:50 AM
  • @SatTech45  I am following up on this thread,
    Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Friday, August 23, 2019 5:57 AM
  • @SatTech45  I am following up on this thread,
    Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, August 26, 2019 5:41 AM