Bluetooth low energy example for windows 8 and c# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

does somebody have example of how to use bluetooth smart in windows 8? I have to write software which finds bluetooth LE heart rate device and read values from that. What libaries should I use? Example would be nice.

• Moved by Lisa Zhu Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:00 AM windows store app related (From:Visual C# General)
    Monday, October 29, 2012 8:27 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi TUT,

From your description , I ‘d like to move this post to  the most related forum .

There has more  experts in this aspect  , so you will get  better support and  may have more luck getting answers .

Thanks for your understanding .

Regards ,

Lisa Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:58 AM
  • Hi Lisa

Yes that is OK.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:28 AM
  • Hi,

I found a sample in javascript. It will be easy to convert to a C# version because they are all use the same WinRT API.

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Bluetooth-LE-Metro-sample-a2ba1b5b

Hope this helps

Aaron Xue [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:30 AM
  • Thanks for the example. Now I can enumerate bluetooth le device but I can't make connection to it.

I don't know how to convert this java code to c#:

var deviceFactory = new ActiveXObject("PortableDeviceAutomation.Factory");    var devServiceName = document.getElementById(Constants.deviceServiceName + Constants.heartRateDeviceShortName);  devServiceName.innerText = devices[0].name;

to c sharp. In microsoft web site says that The Portable Device Automation API is only supported for JavaScript.

Any help for this?

Thursday, November 1, 2012 3:41 PM
  • Hi TUT KP1,

I would be also very interested in having a c# example.

Is there anybody who can post the code ?

Regards,

Matthias

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 8:43 AM