not Updating RRS feed

• Question

• User-1967106995 posted

hi,

I download the Club Start Kit , when i am trying to add Events it is not updating . same thing to News also . any soluting.

thankx

Mark

Friday, March 31, 2006 9:38 AM

All replies

• User1923026465 posted
    What do you mean by "it is not updating"?  Are you getting errors?  Or does it just appear to post and it never show up?  How much data are you putting in the description field?  By default, it is limited to 500 characters.  Give us some more detail and we will try to help out...
    Friday, March 31, 2006 10:32 AM
  • User1275632693 posted

Sar,

Did you create an Admin user for your site?  If you have and you are authenticated then the controls become visible on the pages and you can add the news and events.

There is a limit of 500 characters for the description fields which are VarChar datatypes.

You acces the Website Configuration Tool from the Website menu inside Visual Studio.

Sunday, April 9, 2006 12:53 AM
  • User1481960647 posted

I have the same problem since I uploaded my database to my isp host. I cannont add a news item, event or photo album. No error message appears, the page just refreshes with no news entry. I can log on no problem (as admin), I could even delete a news item that was already there.

I have combined both the aspnetdb and the club database into a SQL Server 2005 single database.

Friday, May 12, 2006 12:02 PM
  • User-1603136709 posted

Anyone get any further with this one? I just ran into this problem as well.

I have to admit, though, the only problem I had up until this was the dbNull error when a event or news description was null. Kudos to everyone who contributed to this forum. It makes it very easy for a .Net newbie like me to be productive! I was able to install, configure, modify, and publish my site with hardly any problems at all! Thanks to all!

Friday, June 23, 2006 8:55 AM
  • User-1603136709 posted
    Never mind. I increased the size of the description field in the event and announcement tables, and it works just fine!
    Friday, June 23, 2006 9:52 AM