Package updates from nuget returns build errors for Microsoft ENVDTE, ENVDTE80 paths RRS feed

• Question

• User254389092 posted

Hi,

I am trying to migrate a project to Framework 4.7.2, When I update my packages using nuget package manager, I get the build errors:

Interop type WindowKinds cannot be embedded. use the applicable interface instead.

Interop type constants cannot be embedded. Use the applicable interface instead.

The lines of code which returns the error is:

application.Windows.Item(EnvDTE80.WindowKinds.vsWindowKindErrorList).Activate();

application.Windows.Item(EnvDTE.Constants.vsWindowKindOutput).Activate();

My idea is to build the solution without any errors and the solution will be updated to Framework 4.7.2. I would appreciate an optimal solution to migrate a solution as well if there is any. Please let me know.

Luc

Friday, August 23, 2019 1:57 PM

Answers

• User-719153870 posted

Hi Luc,

To solve this problem, you need to right click on related reference, in the properties tab, check the "Embed Interop Types" as false.

For more information, please refer to Interop type cannot be embedded.

Best Regard,

Yang Shen

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, August 26, 2019 3:57 AM

All replies

• User-719153870 posted

Hi Luc,

To solve this problem, you need to right click on related reference, in the properties tab, check the "Embed Interop Types" as false.

For more information, please refer to Interop type cannot be embedded.

Best Regard,

Yang Shen

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, August 26, 2019 3:57 AM
  • User254389092 posted

Hi Yang Shen, 

Will it not affect the execution of our project in machines which do not have the SDK installed in their machines. Changing Embed Interop types solved my problem but just wanted a clarification sothat future deployments will be smooth.

Regards,

Deepak  

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 7:51 AM