none
ADLS Gen 2 - SLA for EPS(Events Per Seconds)

Question

• Hi there,

We are upgrading to ADLS Gen 2 and we are building an API to push events into ADLS Gen 2. 

Can you please point me to ADLS Gen 2 SLA document, which tells about how many Events Per Seconds (EPS) an ADLS Gen 2 account can handle.

This will help us fine tune our APIs, identify how many Gen 2 accounts we need and the associated cost.

Thanks

Thursday, March 14, 2019 12:04 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

Please clarify - by events, do you mean events captured from event hubs ?

MSDN

Thursday, March 14, 2019 10:03 AM
  • no its not related to EventHub at all, my question is when we use the product, how the product is suppose to behave? 

for example when we write data into ADLS Gen 2 account, how much data ADLS Gen 2 Account can handle. is it based on transactions(events) or based on data volume? 

Even more specific example: lets say I have an API which writes data to Gen 2, how many transactions\data am I expecting Gen 2 will store successfully, what are the settings should I consider? what will be the cost? etc

I am looking for a SLA for that. Please point me to a document

Friday, March 15, 2019 11:54 PM
  • Hi there,

Thanks for clarifying your ask. Azure Data Lake Gen2 is is a highly scalable and cost-effective data lake solution for big data analytics. It combines the power of a high-performance file system with massive scale and economy to help you speed your time to insight. Data Lake Storage Gen2 extends Azure Blob Storage capabilities and is optimized for analytics workloads. Data Lake Storage Gen2 is the most comprehensive data lake available.

To read more about the service in general, please refer this link.

For pricing related information, please refer this doc.

For performance and tuning and other information regarding which copy activity suits your use case, please refer this doc.

Hope this helps.

MSDN

Monday, March 18, 2019 11:06 AM