none
Element inspector in internet explorer recreate in windows form tool with C# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm trying to learn things and was also asking myself if it is possible to have like a tool that is used in UI-Path to select elements in a webpage (like a button, text field etc) it is also in internet explorer in the developer tools F12.

I want to make a simple tool so people can make simple automation using this and be able to do repetitive tasks.

Is this even possible?

Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:51 AM

Answers

• Its possible but it's not a simple task. Take a look at spy++ to get an idea of what it might take.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by Megatronixss Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:35 PM
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:01 AM
  • I'm trying to learn things and was also asking myself if it is possible to have like a tool that is used in UI-Path to select elements in a webpage (like a button, text field etc) it is also in internet explorer in the developer tools F12.

I want to make a simple tool so people can make simple automation using this and be able to do repetitive tasks.

Is this even possible?

Just use UIAutomation like MS SDK Inspect tool
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:16 AM

All replies

• Its possible but it's not a simple task. Take a look at spy++ to get an idea of what it might take.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

StackOverFlow

Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:01 AM
  • I'm trying to learn things and was also asking myself if it is possible to have like a tool that is used in UI-Path to select elements in a webpage (like a button, text field etc) it is also in internet explorer in the developer tools F12.

Is this even possible?

Just use UIAutomation like MS SDK Inspect tool
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:16 AM
  • I  had a look at it, but the bad thing it does not work with IE buttons etc in the website
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:47 AM
  • Hi, I'm not able to install this in my pc as all is blocked by IT. I can't even download it.

Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:48 AM
  • What are you talking about ?

Inspect is in the Windows 10 SDK and works with IE,  as IE uses Automation

• Edited by Castorix31 Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:51 AM
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:51 AM
  • We have windows 7 :(
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:52 AM
  • on my second profile we use windows 8 server, so on this I'm out of luck
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:55 AM
  • We have windows 7 :(

It is not a problem and you can also download old versions 

Windows SDK and emulator archive 

Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:57 AM
  • I will check it out at work if I can use it
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:10 PM
  • is there a way to get the Spy++ inserted into a windows form, so people can use it from there build application?
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:11 PM
  • I  had a look at it, but the bad thing it does not work with IE buttons etc in the website
    I have not seen anything for C# code-wise that does this. I always use Chrome developer tools for inspecting page elements, it's there any works great although that is not what you are looking for. I will think about this today.

StackOverFlow

Thursday, February 13, 2020 1:38 PM