none
Kinect ventilation requirements when recessed in ceiling RRS feed

• Question

• Unable to find any technical specs on this, only vague requirements to "keep well ventilated."  I'm mounting a Kinect concealed in the ceiling in a recessed box.  I can see ventilation ports on the side but need to give architectural spec on minimum space necessary for airflow.  Normally this kind of thing is specified on datasheets, but there isn't one I can find for the Kinect.  
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 11:53 PM

All replies

• I would suppose that the holes would have to be fairly big to keep it ventilated like 1 inch for each one maybe? Anyone on kinect team have suggestions for boxed kinects on how big ventilation holes have to be?

Thats my guess nonNoumenon but kinect team might say to make them a little bigger or smaller but that sounds about right for the kinect and i dont think by much.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

Monday, February 20, 2012 2:25 PM