none
Using pre-recorded footage RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to use pre-recorded footage with the api?

This would help out with testing, prototype development, and demos where we would develop and evaluate against a consistent feed.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:04 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately, this is not currently possible. We did consider doing this but it didn't make the cut due to time constraints. We know it would be helpful, so we're sorry it's not available.

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:26 PM

All replies

• There is not a way to use pre-recorded "footage" this with this release of the Beta. We understand this would be helpful. Xbox Kinect developers have tools in the XDK (Xbox SDK) to do this.

Thanks,

Rob Relyea (@rrelyea)
    Kinect for Windows Team (@KinectSDKTeam)

Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:17 PM
  • Unfortunately, this is not currently possible. We did consider doing this but it didn't make the cut due to time constraints. We know it would be helpful, so we're sorry it's not available.

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:26 PM
  • Could have a fake USB driver emulate Kinect and have that talk to the real Kinect (even remotely via TCP/IP or other protocol e.g. the ones used by NUI community for FTIR multitouch installations ala Surface). Then it could log/playback from files too
    Microsoft MVP J# 2004-2010, Borland Spirit of Delphi 2001
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:20 PM
  • another scenario would be to plug in image data from another source, such as from another camera or from a steroscopic setup.. that would be really awsome :)
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 9:30 PM
  • What a pity! This is really necessary for developing. Not everyone has a kinect in hand. Not every movement is the same. If I want to test only one gesture, I need it so much. 

For this reason, I will go back to the openNI, although the performance is not that good.

Friday, June 17, 2011 12:08 PM