freezing RRS feed

• Question

• Since the beginning of december 2013 i have not been able to watch netflix because silverlight keeps freezing up my whole computer, i have been told its from the new update to silverlight, how can i fix this cause i am paying for a service i can not use because of silverlight
    Friday, January 10, 2014 10:39 AM

Answers

• Hello,

We would like to get a little more information from you to help troubleshoot your issue. Please answer the following questions as best you can.

• Have you tried using other browser?
    • what version of OS you are using?

You may try to play the videos in the following links and check if these videos play, as these videos use Silverlight to play. if the following videos can play, it may a specific issue to your video.

http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/silverlight/samplebrowser/#/?sref=media_ovw_controlling_media

Additionally, Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache in Firefox, if your browser is Silverlight, you can try the method mentioned in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.

If it ask you install many times, there may be broken components in a previous installation, try uninstalling Silverlight components first. There is a KB article that includes a Fix it to uninstall Silverlight, give this a try. 

How to clean a corrupted Silverlight installation and then reinstall Silverlight

Hope this helps, thanks.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Yanping Wang Friday, January 17, 2014 9:42 AM
    Monday, January 13, 2014 2:11 AM

All replies

• Hello,

We would like to get a little more information from you to help troubleshoot your issue. Please answer the following questions as best you can.

• Have you tried using other browser?
    • what version of OS you are using?

You may try to play the videos in the following links and check if these videos play, as these videos use Silverlight to play. if the following videos can play, it may a specific issue to your video.

http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/silverlight/samplebrowser/#/?sref=media_ovw_controlling_media

Additionally, Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache in Firefox, if your browser is Silverlight, you can try the method mentioned in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.

If it ask you install many times, there may be broken components in a previous installation, try uninstalling Silverlight components first. There is a KB article that includes a Fix it to uninstall Silverlight, give this a try. 

How to clean a corrupted Silverlight installation and then reinstall Silverlight

Hope this helps, thanks.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Marked as answer by Yanping Wang Friday, January 17, 2014 9:42 AM
    Monday, January 13, 2014 2:11 AM
  • I'm not sure if this is the right place for my message, but wanted to let someone know that I'm having the same issue. Videos that previously played with no problem have suddenly begun freezing my browser up. I've tried two different sites(Netflix and Amazon). and tried playing several different videos on each site. It's not the video. I've uninstalled/reinstalled, and cleaned between using a registry/uninstall cleaner. I've tried using it in chrome and IE. Chrome is the newest version and IE is IE 10. My employment relies heavily on being able to watch video. I need to get this resolved. I couldn't play the video after uninstalling Silverlight. This, honesly, STINKS!! Please help me to get my system useable.
    Monday, January 13, 2014 9:48 AM
  • Hi adchandler66

Thanks for your post.

First, I would like to suggest you try the methods I mentioned above, if it doesn't work, I would recommend starting your own question so that the community can best focus on your specific issue.

Best regards,

Friday, January 17, 2014 9:41 AM
  • Remove silverligh and install it again, last version.
    Friday, March 6, 2015 3:18 PM
  • If I were you, I started to look for alternative for Silverlight
    Sunday, March 8, 2015 8:58 AM
  • you may check with freezing on another video.
    Monday, March 9, 2015 7:48 PM