none
What glyphs are in a font from Word VBA RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I'm wondering if there is a way in VBA to determine what glyphs are in a particular font.

I know Word has this capability because if you insert a character that is NOT in the currently selected font Word will automatically change the font for that character so that the correct character displays. What I can't find is a way to access that capability from VBA.

Thanks!
    Ken

Saturday, February 6, 2016 5:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As this question is about the VBA, I've moved this thread to the Word for Developers forum.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Monday, February 8, 2016 6:46 AM
  • Hi Ken,

The Font object has Name, Bold etc… properties that could for different style.

>> if you insert a character that is NOT in the currently selected font Word will automatically change the font for that character so that the correct character displays

Please check Name property of Font object.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 2:26 AM
  • Yes, I'm familiar with the Font object and how to use the various Name properties.

The font used by our template has many, many glyphs in many of the various Unicode ranges. What I'd like to be able to determine is whether a glyph is in another font BEFORE any conversion takes places.

For instance: All of our editorial work will be done in our template, in our font. The files when have to be converted for typesetting and changed to, for example, Minion Pro. I'd like to be able to check Minion Pro to make sure it contains all the glyphs used in a particular file.

Again, Word seems to have that information, I just don't see a way to access it through VBA.

Thanks again,
    Ken

Sunday, February 14, 2016 5:56 PM
  • Hi Ken,

Seems that I am still not clear it.

>> I'd like to be able to check Minion Pro to make sure it contains all the glyphs used in a particular file.

What’s glyph mean?

What’s your template like?

Could you provide the detail sample and screenshot of your requirement?

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 15, 2016 2:19 AM