Configuration Manager Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Just got MDS 2012 installed on a new server and the Configuration Manager error throws the following error "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web. Administration, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture = Neutral ..... . The system cannot find the file specified."

The server has Windows 2012 Server as the OS and SQL Server 2012 Enterprise.

The Configuration Manager can connect to the database server and can create or repair an existing database. The error occurs when switching to Web Configuration.

Any thoughts before we spend hours looking into this are much appreciated.

Kind regards,

M

Friday, March 8, 2013 9:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I guess my question is a bit plain but did you guy check if IIS feature was installed on your server ?

Regards,

• Marked as answer by M Vega Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:57 PM
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I guess my question is a bit plain but did you guy check if IIS feature was installed on your server ?

Regards,

• Marked as answer by M Vega Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:57 PM
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:01 PM
  • Hi Olivier,

Since I did not carry out the install, it is not plain at all, it is the answer. The IIS future was not installed. Thanks for not making any assumptions.

I do find odd that IIS is not a prerequisite for MDS; I can understand why it should not be in light of other discussions regarding installing the database, and the web services and we front end in different services. The trouble is that because it is not a prerequisite, it is viewed by system administrators as pure back end which is of course incorrect.

Kind regards,

M

Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:57 PM