Best asp/net MVC web development book RRS feed

• Question

• User1984354752 posted

Hi developers:

I'm in the process of buying a  computer book which can assist me to become a better  developer ( I'm a civil engineers but coding is my passion). I place my self in the intermediate level but I have to polish up a couple of things, Years ago I bought a wonderful book which ignited  my passion: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming : Problem -Design-Solution by Marco Bellinaso ...a wonderful book who assisted me to code and even run a personal website.

There are plenty of books out there but I'd like to buy one of two which could  quide me to build a full functional responsive webside like Marco Bellinaso did in  his book. I  use ASP.NET MVC along with Jquery ( standard stuff) 

Thanking you in advance. 

Monday, June 15, 2020 8:52 PM

Answers

• User1535942433 posted

Hi 9peculiar,

As far as I think,I recommand you could read Pro ASP.NET Core 3.This books puts ASP.NET Core 3 into context and dives deep into the tools and techniques required to build modern, extensible, web applications.New features and capabilities such as MVC 3, Razor Pages, Blazor Server, and Blazor WebAssembly are covered, along with demonstrations of how they are applied.

Best regards,

Yijing Sun

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, July 2, 2020 7:51 AM
  • User1984354752 posted

Hi Yijing:

Thanks for your advice. I will buy in online ...I like the fact that it was published in April this year. Once again ...thanks  for  your assistance  

Thursday, July 2, 2020 8:12 PM

All replies

• User1535942433 posted

Hi 9peculiar,

Accroding to your description,as far as I think,I recommand Programming ASP.NET MVC 4.This book is for both beginners and intermediate or advanced application developers.And you could learn how to build modern web applications.

More details,you could refer to below article:

https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/programming-aspnet-mvc/9781449321932/

Best regards,

Yijing Sun

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 2:41 AM
  • User1984354752 posted

Hi Yij Sum

Apologies  for the late response. Actually I'm moving my project to Asp.net core mainly because its cross-platform nature. Can you recommend me any book ? My level is intermediate 

Regards 

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 11:05 AM
  • User1535942433 posted

Hi 9peculiar,

As far as I think,I recommand you could read Pro ASP.NET Core 3.This books puts ASP.NET Core 3 into context and dives deep into the tools and techniques required to build modern, extensible, web applications.New features and capabilities such as MVC 3, Razor Pages, Blazor Server, and Blazor WebAssembly are covered, along with demonstrations of how they are applied.

Best regards,

Yijing Sun

Thursday, July 2, 2020 7:51 AM
  • User1984354752 posted

Hi Yijing:

Thanks for your advice. I will buy in online ...I like the fact that it was published in April this year. Once again ...thanks  for  your assistance  

Thursday, July 2, 2020 8:12 PM