none
Visual studio express 2013 crashes if remote desktop is disconnected

Question

• I installed Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop on a Windows 10 PC and running it via remote desktop from a Windows 7 notebook. Every time the network is disconnected or I log out of the remote desktop and return to the remote desktop, the visual studio is always crash and then restarting itself.

Have anyone experience the same thing? Is there a way to solve this problem, because it quite bugging me, especially when I am in the middle of debugging?

Note that this is not happen with any other version of visual studio I installed in the same Win10 PC.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 4:16 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>>Note that this is not happen with any other version of visual studio I installed in the same Win10

According to your description. This problem only happened for the VS2013 Express version. And for other version of VS, it works well in other remote machine even the network is disconnected.

If so, I think the problem is probably in your Visual Studio Express itself.

First, I suggest you could do a repair of your VS2013 Express then try it again. If still no help, I suggest you could try to use VS2013 Community Update5. It's a free version of Visual Studio. And the function is better than VS2013 Express.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao 

• Marked as answer by houari.id Friday, March 18, 2016 1:52 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 5:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>Note that this is not happen with any other version of visual studio I installed in the same Win10

According to your description. This problem only happened for the VS2013 Express version. And for other version of VS, it works well in other remote machine even the network is disconnected.

If so, I think the problem is probably in your Visual Studio Express itself.

First, I suggest you could do a repair of your VS2013 Express then try it again. If still no help, I suggest you could try to use VS2013 Community Update5. It's a free version of Visual Studio. And the function is better than VS2013 Express.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao 

• Marked as answer by houari.id Friday, March 18, 2016 1:52 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 5:56 AM
  • Hi Lake, 

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try to reinstall the visual studio (or use the community version) and let you know the result later on.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:41 AM
  • Hi Lake,

I installed the VS2013 community update 5 and no more crashes.

Thanks!

Friday, March 18, 2016 1:53 AM