troubleshooting type name issue - Twilio WebMatrix helper RRS feed

• Question

• User379720387 posted

Twilio just came out with an updated helper for WebMatrix, which I got installed and is now working correctly.

Unfortunately, I am still looking at the same error message in Visual Studio as I have been doing for the last 18 months:

"The type name "WebMatrix" does not exist in the type Twilio.WebMatrix.Twilio"

Every page where I use the direct:  @using Twilio.WebMatrix;   I get that same error message. Everything works.

Are there any additional troubleshooting steps I can take. Twilio does not care much to fix this, unless I start sending a gazillion SMS per day.

In my bin folder I have: Twilio.api.dll and Twilio.WebMatrix.dll.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 4:34 PM

Answers

• User-1454326058 posted

Hi wavemaster,

Base on the Twilio.WebMatrix.xml file (in bin folder), we can found that there isn’t the WebMatrix type in the Twilio.WebMatrix.Twilio type. I suggest that you could to check whether your code are correctly to use Toilio WebMatrix helper.

On the other hand, you are using the third-party library, I suggest that you should post it to the Twilio site.

Best Regards

Starain Chen

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 10:25 PM

All replies

• User-1454326058 posted

Hi wavemaster,

Base on the Twilio.WebMatrix.xml file (in bin folder), we can found that there isn’t the WebMatrix type in the Twilio.WebMatrix.Twilio type. I suggest that you could to check whether your code are correctly to use Toilio WebMatrix helper.

On the other hand, you are using the third-party library, I suggest that you should post it to the Twilio site.

Best Regards

Starain Chen

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 10:25 PM
  • User-791229725 posted

Hey wavemaster!  Twilio evangelist and maintainer of the .NET libraries here.  Our support team filed an issue for this over on the C# libraries github page.  Would you mind  taking the conversation over there and I'm be happy to help.

Thanks!

Friday, October 10, 2014 3:35 PM