none
VSTO Add-In is not working when the machine locked RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed a VSTO Add-In that capture the information of incoming email from inbox at New Email Event. The appropriate events
    seem to fire without a problem while I am actively working on my machine, but when I lock the workstation overnight, the Add-In stops managing the email properly.

Can anyone offer some insight into this issue of mine?

Thanks
    Monday, January 16, 2012 2:29 AM

All replies

• Is your PC going to sleep after you lock it?
    Eric Legault
    MVP (Outlook)
    About me...
    Monday, January 16, 2012 4:18 PM
  • I have found out the same. My PC was going to sleep (not locked). Is it the known problem?
    Please, notify me about my post's grammar mistakes... Best regards! Likefire
    Monday, January 23, 2012 9:29 AM
  • If the PC is sleeping, all running processes are suspended!  Meaning of course that Outlook won't be sending and receiving e-mails, and no events will be firing.
    Eric Legault
    MVP (Outlook)
    About me...
    Monday, January 23, 2012 3:01 PM
  • But when the PC wakes up, the mesages shoudl be received and the events should fire. At leats if yo uare receiving messages from a POP3 account.

In case of Exchange, the events won't fire since the messages were received when the PC was suspended.

What kind of message store are you using?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.2 is now available!
    Monday, January 23, 2012 4:51 PM
  • I am use the Exchange.
    Please, notify me about my post's grammar mistakes... Best regards! Likefire
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 5:55 AM
  • As a workaround you can use either a background thread or outlook's Reminder capability to periodically check if new mails appeared in your mailbox since last check (for example by using Restrict option on Folder.Items). Please notice that i made several 'shortcuts' like you need to marshal call to UI thread from background to process items (or use Redemption) and you must check all folders where mails could appear (by processing rules, etc.).
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 9:10 AM
  • This is to be expected then...
    Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.2 is now available!
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 2:00 PM