none
Issue with accessing WS-* WebService using WCF adapers and WSE adapter RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to access a WebService exposed by PeopleSoft which seems to have Security Policy setup using UserNameToken. I have successfully gotten web service response from custom .NET application using WSE 3.0/2.0 dll. But I am facing issues while trying to do the same using WCF adapters or WSE 2.0 Adapter for Biztalk(with SP1) . Here the issues that I am having,

with WCF-WSHTTP and WCF-Custom adapters, I am getting the following exception

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "SP_PSTest" with URL "<WSDL>". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"System.ServiceModel.ProtocolException: The content type text/xml; charset=UTF-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (application/soap+xml; charset=utf-8). If using a custom encoder, be sure that the IsContentTypeSupported method is implemented properly. The first 1024 bytes of the response were: '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>......

Eventhough I have chosen Text/Utf-8 for Message Encoding/Text Encoding, I am not sure why "application/soap+xml; charset=utf-8" encoding is being used by WCF adapter. I have read that this is the standard for SOAP 1.2. So is there any setting on WCF adapter to specify SOAP 1.1 to use?

with WSE adapter,
     I am getting the following exception when I specify the SOAP Action/operating using "wsdl#Operation" or  SOAP Header in Adapter settings or using WSE.SoapAction in the orchestration.

"Failed to transmit message. Exception : System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: methodname"

Any suggestions/help on this would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Sr Consultant
    Friday, May 8, 2009 3:53 PM

Answers

• Could you try using the SOAP adapter instead?

What binding are you using with the WCF adapter?

I would avoid using the WSE adapter if you can help it.

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, May 11, 2009 4:14 PM

All replies

• Could you try using the SOAP adapter instead?

What binding are you using with the WCF adapter?

I would avoid using the WSE adapter if you can help it.

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, May 11, 2009 4:14 PM
  • Did you get a fix on this? I am struggling with the same issue..

I am trying to access a webservice that has security headers through biztalk 2006 r2 .
    WCF adapters and SOAP adapter did not help.

Is there any particular software or adapter pack that needs to be installed in addition to support calling the webservice with security headers?

please help

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 11:34 AM
  • Do you know what technology the service was exposed as? Also, could you explain what happened when you tried to use the WCF adapter?

Thanks,

Thursday, September 24, 2009 3:02 PM