none
Failing to add IGestures to IVisualGestureBuilderFrameSource RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get the Visual gesture builder working with my application in C++.

So far I can successfully create IVisualGestureBuilderFrameSource, IVisualGestureBuilderFrameReader, IVisualGestureBuilderDatabase. I am loading a DB I have tested with the tools. I can get the Gestures from the DB, and query them. They appear to be correct. 

However, when I attempt add any gestures to the FrameSource, I get an error code in the HResult: HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND). Which doesn't make any sense to me. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! This looks like a very cool lirbrary, and it is killing me that I am stuck on this.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 6:35 PM

Answers

• Hello Joel,

Your program might be failing to locate the gesture detection libraries. Please try adding a post-build event to your project, like so:

xcopy "$(KINECTSDK20_DIR)Redist\VGB\$(Platform)\vgbtechs" "$(TargetDir)\vgbtechs" /S /R /Y /I

This should pull in the necessary tech .dlls from the SDK (AdaBoostTech.dll and RFRProgressTech.dll).

Be sure to let us know if this helps!

~Angela

Monday, October 6, 2014 7:50 PM

All replies

• Hello Joel,

Your program might be failing to locate the gesture detection libraries. Please try adding a post-build event to your project, like so:

xcopy "$(KINECTSDK20_DIR)Redist\VGB\$(Platform)\vgbtechs" "$(TargetDir)\vgbtechs" /S /R /Y /I

This should pull in the necessary tech .dlls from the SDK (AdaBoostTech.dll and RFRProgressTech.dll).

Be sure to let us know if this helps!

~Angela

Monday, October 6, 2014 7:50 PM
  • Yes, I had relocated the main dll, but not the dependent ones.
    Tuesday, October 7, 2014 8:45 PM