none
visual studio has stopped working win 8.1 after windows update for graphics card

Question

• simply i replaced my windows 2 or more times , and still problem remains after installing visual studio with any version and after while of using it i open it 2 -3 seconds he gave me the error msg of visual studio needs to be closed debug \ close programm and finally visual studio closes i have completely wiped my hard drive thinking that is virus (because it never happens to me ) i installed avg lasted version

autocad 2016 faces the same problem (not yet )

what shall i do ? throw my laptop and buy a new one ??

approx : i have installed update for vga yesterday and faced the error today i that the problem ? if so where i can get the log file for crashing issues in visual studio ? looked at roaming and local data i didn't found any thing ! also tried devenv \ log on command line
    devenev is not recognized !!

please please help me i'm student and i need that to work

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 8:35 AM

Answers

• Hi mada deux,

>>I have installed update for vga yesterday and faced the error today

First I suggest you could run your VS in safe mode. Check whether some add-ins and extensions affect your visual studio.

You could refer to the following document about how to run in safe mode:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241278.aspx

Also you may try to repair your Visual Studio or install update of your Visual Studio then try it again.

If still no help .I suppose it is more related to the windows Update for vga.

In this case, I suggest you could uninstall the update for vga then try it again.

>>where i can get the log file for crashing issues in visual studio ?

Please open the Develop Command Prompt for VS. Then input the following command line:

devenv /log

The log file is in: %APPDATA%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Version\ActivityLog.xml

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 8:42 AM