none
How do I restore search window (CTRL "F")

Question

• Whilst looking for a variable using "control F" somehow I have inadvertently maximized the window & cannot see my code anymore, how do I restore it to a smaller window?

Thanks for any help to fix this

• Moved by Neda Zhang Tuesday, November 08, 2016 7:46 AM Moved from vb
    Monday, November 07, 2016 5:03 AM

Answers

• As I said i use "control f" and a window appears, I then enter what I want to search for in my vb code, but somehow I have maximised the window & cannot restore it to a smaller window

Perhaps you split your Forms code window by selecting the item in the red rectangle in the image below and then the search/replace or search dialogue expands as displayed. Since the window has a normalize/maximize box on it I don't really see how it can not be normalized.

If you did split your code window and you want the box to redisplay as in the last image then close the split code window or windows and reopen them so they are no longer split and the split object reappears where it is displayed inside the red rectangle.

I selected the split object in top pic which split the Forms code window in second pic and displayed the search (Control + F) in third pic then closed and repopened the Forms code window and redisplayed the search in the last pic.

If none of that is what you are refering to then I don't know.

La vida loca

• Marked as answer by x38class Wednesday, November 09, 2016 2:46 AM
    Monday, November 07, 2016 6:58 AM

All replies

• Whilst looking for a variable using "control F" somehow I have inadvertently maximized the window & cannot see my code anymore, how do I restore it to a smaller window?

Thanks for any help to fix this

Search window for what?

Tips and Tricks for Visual Studio

Window Shortcuts

Move/Dock Floating Windows Win+Left / Win+Right
    Maximize/Minimize Windows Win+Up / Win+Down
    Show Jump List Win+Alt+n
    Start New Instance Win+Shift+n
    Switch Between Windows Win+n

La vida loca

Monday, November 07, 2016 5:08 AM
  • As I said i use "control f" and a window appears, I then enter what I want to search for in my vb code, but somehow I have maximised the window & cannot restore it to a smaller window
    Monday, November 07, 2016 5:35 AM

Perhaps you split your Forms code window by selecting the item in the red rectangle in the image below and then the search/replace or search dialogue expands as displayed. Since the window has a normalize/maximize box on it I don't really see how it can not be normalized.

If you did split your code window and you want the box to redisplay as in the last image then close the split code window or windows and reopen them so they are no longer split and the split object reappears where it is displayed inside the red rectangle.

I selected the split object in top pic which split the Forms code window in second pic and displayed the search (Control + F) in third pic then closed and repopened the Forms code window and redisplayed the search in the last pic.

If none of that is what you are refering to then I don't know.

La vida loca

• Marked as answer by x38class Wednesday, November 09, 2016 2:46 AM
    Monday, November 07, 2016 6:58 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, none of the above seem to match my problem

the entire find and replace window covers all my code & there is no minimize feature

this is what I have, the find and replace window is lined up the same as all my other documents, if I right click on the find and replace tab I get the small window as shown but I do not know what action will result if I click any of them

thanks again for your support

Tuesday, November 08, 2016 5:53 AM
  • Unfortuneately I will be away for next 22 hours
    Tuesday, November 08, 2016 6:06 AM
  • Hi x38class,

Thank you for posting in MSDN Forum.

Since this forum is discussing and asking questions about the Visual basic programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tool, and your issue is more related to Visual Studio General, I will move this thread to the more related forum.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Neda Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 08, 2016 7:45 AM
  • Decide to take a guess & selected "Float", it is now fixed

Thanks

• Edited by x38class Wednesday, November 09, 2016 2:47 AM
    Wednesday, November 09, 2016 2:46 AM
  • Hi x38class,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I'm so glad to hear that your issue is solve and thank you very much for your sharing, it will help other community members who have the same issue to search this solution.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 09, 2016 8:38 AM