none
TITLE: SQL Server Setup failure. -----SQL Server Setup has encountered the following error: Failed to retrieve data for this request..

Question

• Hi Experts,

I am getting below error while upgrading SP2 in SQL Server 2014 server. There are two nodes and having AlwaysOn Set up. We didn't encountered the issue in UAT servers but facing the issue in Production. Any leads will be helpful..

Error->

TITLE: SQL Server Setup failure.
    ------------------------------

SQL Server Setup has encountered the following error:

Failed to retrieve data for this request..

--We have found below additional log from Setup bootstrap...

Exception summary:
    The following is an exception stack listing the exceptions in outermost to innermost order
    Inner exceptions are being indented

Exception type: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc.EnumeratorException
            Failed to retrieve data for this request.
        HResult : 0x80131500
        Data:
          HelpLink.ProdName = Microsoft SQL Server
          HelpLink.BaseHelpUrl = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink
          HelpLink.LinkId = 20476
          HelpLink.EvtType = 0xE8A0C283@0xAC7B1A58@1233@53
          DisableWatson = true

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 3:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Arup.mca,

>>(01) 2017-04-26 15:33:35 Slp: Discovery on local machine is complete
    >>(01) 2017-04-26 15:33:35 Slp: Running discovery on remote machine: US-EIG-PROD-1
    >>(01) 2017-04-26 15:33:35 Slp: Discovery on US-EIG-PROD-1 failed due to exception
    >>(01) 2017-04-26 15:33:35 Slp: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc.EnumeratorException: Failed to retrieve data for this request. ---> Microsoft.SqlServer.Configuration.Sco.SqlRegistryException: The network path was not found.

Could you please make sure remote registry service is up and running on US-EIG-PROD-1 and try again? Anyways the issue does look like the remote registry service on US-EIG-PROD-1 is not accessible, that might indicate network issue as well.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Arup.mca Thursday, May 4, 2017 9:09 AM
    Monday, May 1, 2017 4:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Arup.mca,

>>HResult : 0x80131500

This sounds like .Net CLR general exception to me, but we’d need more information to figure the root cause here. Could you please locate the corresponding installation log by following the instructions here, then upload them to a file share service(OneDrive, Dropbox etc.) and share the link here?

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:31 AM
  • Hi Lin,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have uploaded the log in below link. 

• Edited by Arup.mca Thursday, May 4, 2017 9:10 AM
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 9:09 AM
  • Hi Arup.mca,

>>(01) 2017-04-26 15:33:35 Slp: Discovery on local machine is complete
    >>(01) 2017-04-26 15:33:35 Slp: Running discovery on remote machine: US-EIG-PROD-1
    >>(01) 2017-04-26 15:33:35 Slp: Discovery on US-EIG-PROD-1 failed due to exception
    >>(01) 2017-04-26 15:33:35 Slp: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc.EnumeratorException: Failed to retrieve data for this request. ---> Microsoft.SqlServer.Configuration.Sco.SqlRegistryException: The network path was not found.

Could you please make sure remote registry service is up and running on US-EIG-PROD-1 and try again? Anyways the issue does look like the remote registry service on US-EIG-PROD-1 is not accessible, that might indicate network issue as well.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Arup.mca Thursday, May 4, 2017 9:09 AM
    Monday, May 1, 2017 4:50 AM
  • Thanks Lin. I checked and after enabling the remote registry service it works perfectly fine for me. 
    • Edited by Arup.mca Thursday, May 4, 2017 9:10 AM
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 5:02 PM