none
Model fish using Kinect RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Can i model a fish with Kinect? I need the point cloud of a fish? is Kinect useful in this case? 

thanks

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:08 AM

Answers

• No it will not helpful or useful in your case

The kinect is track the 20 joints of the Skeleton which is human

Thanks,
    MOHAMED A. SAKR | Software Development Lead Engineer | EgyptNetwork
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members. Also try to Vote as Helpful

• Marked as answer by ghazal_fa Tuesday, May 15, 2012 5:43 PM
    Tuesday, May 15, 2012 3:57 PM

All replies

• No it will not helpful or useful in your case

The kinect is track the 20 joints of the Skeleton which is human

Thanks,
    MOHAMED A. SAKR | Software Development Lead Engineer | EgyptNetwork
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members. Also try to Vote as Helpful

• Marked as answer by ghazal_fa Tuesday, May 15, 2012 5:43 PM
    Tuesday, May 15, 2012 3:57 PM
  • Can you mention a link or website that specifies this point: "kinect is only used for human skeletal tracking "? I really need one .
    thanks
    Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:05 PM
  • The specification of Kinect is what you`re looking form. On Microsoft web pages you can find a lot info about that Kinect is ttracking HUMAN joints as HUMAN body.
    Monday, May 21, 2012 6:02 AM
  • The skeletal tracking system is for humans only and will not work for anything else, but you can still use the depth camera to get information about the scene and in particular turning it into a point cloud.

In your specific scenario, with a fish, you are more likely to run into problems with the IR camera not being able to handle the distortion caused by the fish being submerged in water and refracting the depth field.

--Jesse

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:55 PM