Allow us to disable XAML previewer RRS feed

• Question

• User258 posted

Please give us a setting where we can permanently disable the XAML previewer.

It does not work anyway, and with XAML components like the Telerik components I get a
    "XamarinFormsPrevieweriOS quit unexpectedly" every 10 seconds or so; My solution for this annoyance is to drag this dialog box to the bottom of the screen and leave it there...

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 8:53 AM

Answers

• User37696 posted

@void,

Could you add your suggestion to a post here so it could be tracked? https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/8/index.html

I'd also be curious to find out why it's failing to work. Do you get this error happening if you don't open the previewer at all? Which IDE is this happening in and which version? I'd also be curious to see the IDE logs from the Help -> Xamarin Logs menu. Thanks!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, May 24, 2017 6:00 PM
  • User258 posted

I added the issue/request. Thanks.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 6:20 PM

All replies

• User37696 posted

@void,

Could you add your suggestion to a post here so it could be tracked? https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/8/index.html

I'd also be curious to find out why it's failing to work. Do you get this error happening if you don't open the previewer at all? Which IDE is this happening in and which version? I'd also be curious to see the IDE logs from the Help -> Xamarin Logs menu. Thanks!

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 6:00 PM
  • User258 posted

I added the issue/request. Thanks.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 6:20 PM
  • User351686 posted

I have the same issue , it crash every 10 seconds

Monday, December 18, 2017 2:38 PM
  • User364395 posted

Yes I too have had this extremely frustrating issue. I'm using Visual Studio for Mac Enterprise edition version 7.3.2 (build 12 ) Unfortunately I cannot confirm whether this issue existed in the previous version. The error I'm receiving is XamarinFormsPrevieweriOS quit unexpectedly. When I click the "Report..." button to view the dump, it does not load it ever.

@JohnMiller I get this error regardless as to whether the previewer is open or not. Please let me know where I can try obtain any relevant debug information using this IDE. Thank you.

Sunday, January 7, 2018 7:58 PM
  • User37696 posted

@"Pamelarios.2249" @xrmdevs

I was able to reproduce similar error dialogs and I logged a private bug for it. I found that the root cause of the error dialog was either a build error in the project (syntax error or similar) or code that the previewer is running that won't work within the previewer, thus causing an exception.

The solution to most of these headaches is the proposal I have for an API to determine if code is executing in the previewer.

Monday, January 8, 2018 2:15 PM
  • User364395 posted

That’s great news @JohnMiller Thank you so much for your update.

Monday, January 8, 2018 2:21 PM