none
AS400 IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries .Net Provider with Microsoft Data Application Block v4.1 - October 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having problem with IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries provider. It works fine if you take reference of IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries after installing IBM iSeries Access for Windows and .Net Provider.

I can make calls to AS400 database using iDB2Command, iDB2Connection etc....

I want to consume the IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries with Microsoft Data Application Block v4.1 - October 2008.

I tried almost 7days to get solution but i did not.

Any help would be much appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, October 8, 2009 12:16 AM

All replies

• Is there a specific reason why you want to use the application block from Microsoft like a specific feature? My agency has been using both native methods and also wrapped DB2 calls into a singleton class which offers the abilitiy to switch providers via DbProviderFactories and full use of transactions without the application block.
    KSG
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 1:19 PM
  • Hi Kevin,

We have few other applications which we use iDB2Connection, iDB2Command objects to retrieve data.

The application i am talking about already developed using  Microsoft Data Application Block v4.1.

It will adversly affect in terms of time and resources due to size of the application, if we change to iDB2Connection, iDB2Command model.

I tried adding IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries provider in machine.config and accessing using Microsoft Data Application Block v4.1 but it was unsuccessful.

Friday, October 9, 2009 8:13 AM
  • Hi ,

In ADO.NET Data Providers forum, we mainly discuss about dataprovider in Sytem.Data namespce. It includes four providers,

1) The.NET Framework Data Provider for SQL Server

2) The.NET Framework Data Provider for ODBC

3) The.NET Framework Data Provider for OLE DB

4) The .NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle

Since DB2 provider is developed by IBM, I recommend you to post in IBM forum for better support.

Best Regards

Yichun Feng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, October 12, 2009 6:59 AM
  • Should have asked before, what object/class is causing problems?
    KSG
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:08 PM
  • Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the late reply. Just want to know is there any way to write a wrapper class to extend the Application Blocks default providers such as:

.NET Framework Data Provider for SQL Server

.NET Framework Data Provider for ODBC

.NET Framework Data Provider for OLE DB

.NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle

Monday, November 30, 2009 6:34 PM