Microsoft Small Basic game help! RRS feed

• Question

• TY FOR HELP! :) game  WXN829 - estonian version, i had it for school stuff :)

• Edited by VeronikaB Sunday, June 6, 2010 9:36 PM update
    Saturday, June 5, 2010 10:56 AM

Answers

• Nice game, you are most of the way there.

Have a look at the following, in particular the variables lives and level .  We have two main loops in the game now, one for levels, and one for the egg drops within a level.  Each time a level is completed the drop speed goes up, and each time an egg is dropped, a life is lost with 5 available lives.  Import CNG191.

There are still a few problems for you to look into such as ending within a level when 5 eggs are dropped, speeding up the eggs for later levels by reducing the delay and also the dropped egg counting is not good because it double or tripple counts each drop due to the egg still moving below the cup (look at your loosing balls code).

• Marked as answer by VeronikaB Saturday, June 5, 2010 10:51 PM
    Saturday, June 5, 2010 4:37 PM
  • Here is my version : Import XNJ110-0

Small Fix : Import XNJ110-1

Sorry My Bad English
    • Edited by Oskariok Sunday, June 6, 2010 9:50 AM hotfix
    • Marked as answer by VeronikaB Sunday, June 6, 2010 10:02 AM
    Sunday, June 6, 2010 9:44 AM

All replies

• Nice game, you are most of the way there.

Have a look at the following, in particular the variables lives and level .  We have two main loops in the game now, one for levels, and one for the egg drops within a level.  Each time a level is completed the drop speed goes up, and each time an egg is dropped, a life is lost with 5 available lives.  Import CNG191.

There are still a few problems for you to look into such as ending within a level when 5 eggs are dropped, speeding up the eggs for later levels by reducing the delay and also the dropped egg counting is not good because it double or tripple counts each drop due to the egg still moving below the cup (look at your loosing balls code).

• Marked as answer by VeronikaB Saturday, June 5, 2010 10:51 PM
    Saturday, June 5, 2010 4:37 PM
  • You should be able to import from the SmallBasic interface by typing or copy/paste the followng ID XVG825 (a couple of other mods from last time) into the screen provided by the Import button in the SmallBasic interface.
    Saturday, June 5, 2010 8:21 PM
  • Uh, its realy hard for me to programm . Atleast a huge work managed, and with your help! Thank you! :)))  HVZ808 - changed language. -_-

2. Managed to change the speed  =  ____ ____.  after 1 -st level, it speeds randomly. . .  Slow, fast yberfast!

• Edited by VeronikaB Saturday, June 5, 2010 8:44 PM Update.
    Saturday, June 5, 2010 8:33 PM
  • my best score is 48 - suggestion, hiding the mouse cursor mean you sometimes move the cursor outside the GraphicsWindow and then the cup doesn't move with the mouse and you loose a life.
    Saturday, June 5, 2010 9:22 PM
  • my best score :( 27 ... 

My mouse cursor is fine, if i move it outside, i dont loose a life :P:P nananana  ..  Code - KHR360 updated with graphic. It shows there large, but if you copy that in Small basic and change patch to yourpatch, where you useing that program :D you can play that. 

The problem is  the egg speed changes randomly.  Ofc. if its Math- getrandmom number, then its changes 1-5 speed. Any constant variation? That shows, if lvl 1-st same, but level 2  speed, +1, and level 3 + 2 ...somekind...

• Edited by VeronikaB Saturday, June 5, 2010 9:50 PM Update
    Saturday, June 5, 2010 9:31 PM
  • I like the graphics.

You maybe want to think about how to control the speed dropSpeed (delay time) for each level - a bit of random is good, but perhaps less than you have it.

There is a bug if dropSpeed is < 0, it crashes.

Something like, play with the limits etc until it works as you want:

dropSpeed = 25 - Math.GetRandomNumber(3*level) ' speedup for later levels
      dropSpeed = Math.Max(10,dropSpeed)

OR

dropSpeed = 25 - 3*level + Math.GetRandomNumber(8) ' speedup for later levels
      dropSpeed = Math.Max(5,dropSpeed)

Saturday, June 5, 2010 9:52 PM
  • Uh 51 score .3 win!
    Saturday, June 5, 2010 10:32 PM
  • A basic commented key press control demo to help - Import GHR152.
    Sunday, June 6, 2010 8:15 AM
  • Here is my version : Import XNJ110-0

Small Fix : Import XNJ110-1

Sorry My Bad English
    • Edited by Oskariok Sunday, June 6, 2010 9:50 AM hotfix
    • Marked as answer by VeronikaB Sunday, June 6, 2010 10:02 AM
    Sunday, June 6, 2010 9:44 AM
  • Hi I made Small Update import WXN829-0
    Sorry My Bad English
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 10:54 AM
  •  

i got scored 56. and then time out.

i hope you will repair it yourself

at System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(TimeSpan timeout)
       at Microsoft.SmallBasic.Library.Program.Delay(Primitive milliSeconds)
       at _SmallBasicProgram.dropball()
       at _SmallBasicProgram._Main()

Sunday, December 5, 2010 12:31 AM