Application Publisher RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have made my application for depolyment on vista, I have made the UAC ask for permission, but in the "publisher" field that pops up how can i get it to say my name or something.

I'm guessing you have to do this using a manifest or is it just the assembly information, if it is i can't find it.

Many Thanks,
    MB
    C# Hobbyist
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:29 PM

Answers

• It seems you did not digitally sign your installer.

For Windows Vista UAC questions ask in a UAC related community such as the   microsoft.public.windows.vista.general or microsoft.public.windows.vista.security newsgroups. This forum is for C#.

MSMVP VC++
    • Marked as answer by jack 321 Monday, June 23, 2008 8:57 AM
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:42 PM
  • You should sign your assembly because otherwise by default you will get a yellow-orange dialog warning you that the application is not signed.  However, if you want a meaningful name to appear in the application details, you need to embed a manifest in the application.  Take a look at my www.codeplex.com/UACHelpers.

Sasha Goldshtein | http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/sasha
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:43 PM

All replies

• It seems you did not digitally sign your installer.

For Windows Vista UAC questions ask in a UAC related community such as the   microsoft.public.windows.vista.general or microsoft.public.windows.vista.security newsgroups. This forum is for C#.

MSMVP VC++
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:42 PM
  • You should sign your assembly because otherwise by default you will get a yellow-orange dialog warning you that the application is not signed.  However, if you want a meaningful name to appear in the application details, you need to embed a manifest in the application.  Take a look at my www.codeplex.com/UACHelpers.

Sasha Goldshtein | http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/sasha
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:43 PM