I cant get this to work RRS feed

• Question

• User-1731855227 posted

I am attempting to apply for a job that uses the source seeker.mobilejobforce.com as the way to apply. I fill out all of the information and once I hit apply, this pops up 

Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidCastException: Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid.]
       Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToString(Object Value) +1673569
       siApp.ApplicationThankYouPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\aaron\Desktop\downloads\Impression_Works\MJF\_JobSeeker.MobileJobForce.Com_azure\MOBILESIFORCE.COM\FullSize\ApplicationThankYouPage.aspx.vb:46
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34248

Please help, I really want this job

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 12:03 AM

Answers

• User36583972 posted

Hi SirMaridos,

From your description, you fill out the data, an error occurs again when Access Service. According to your error message, I found it is a type conversion error. So, I recommend you check the data type of the service interface. And to ensure that the incoming parameter value is not DBNull.

If Not IsDBNull(VALUE) Then
       ' TO DO
    End If

Best Regards,

Yohann Lu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 23, 2016 3:24 AM