none
Visual Studio 2015 signing in problem

Question

• Hello
    I have installed visual studio 2015 dreamspark in my working place on many computers

and I have a problem that gone me crazy

every now and then it tells me to sign out and to re-signin again to work with it

and it does that very often

do you have any suggested solution to solve it ?

thank you ...

Tuesday, January 05, 2016 10:12 AM

Answers

• Hi Saeed,

Thanks for your quick response.

>>but the problem is that we had VS2012 and it wasn't doing this problem
    The sign in function is come from VS2013 and VS2015. And in VS2012,you don’t need to sing in your account.

So is that you mean there is no same problem when you are using VS2013?

When using VS0215. if you have singed in to all the Visual Studio by the same account.

Considering the account security. VS2015 will need you to  reenter your credentials.

As far as I know, we have to use different account for every Visual Studio 2015 to avoid this problem.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Thursday, January 07, 2016 5:48 AM
  • Hi Saeed.

I know your situation, I also get the same result as yours, but I’m afraid it really has this specific requirement in current version.

If possible. You could submit a feature request:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your idea there so the others can vote it.

If you submit this suggestion, you might post that link here which will benefit others who has the similar issue, I will vote it. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, January 11, 2016 2:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Saeed92,

Thanks for your post.

Which version of your VS2015?

Could you please share us a UI of the warning message which require you to sing out and re-sign in again.

1.Since you have installed the Visual Studio 2015  on many computers.

I suppose the  account is sign in in several Visual Studio on many computers.

So it will give your warning message  like this:

To solve this warning message. I suggest you’d better give every Visual Studio a different account.

2.Also check the “All Accounts” in  account settings in your Visual Studio.

I also encountered the following warning message “We need to refresh the credentials for this account”.

If the error message in your side is like that . May be you could a feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal:

http://connect.microsoft.com,

Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously.

After you submit the feedback, you can post the link here which will be beneficial for other members with the similar issue. And I will help you to vote it.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, January 06, 2016 7:11 AM
  • Thanks for your attention

The problem that we have is the problem you've mentioned first

To : Reenter my  credentials

I do sing in to all the computers by the same account

because We are an academic institution and we have VS in over 60 computers and we cant make that much accounts

but the problem is that we had VS2012 and it wasn't doing this problem

Thank you very much

Saeed

Wednesday, January 06, 2016 10:01 AM
  • Hi Saeed,

Thanks for your quick response.

>>but the problem is that we had VS2012 and it wasn't doing this problem
    The sign in function is come from VS2013 and VS2015. And in VS2012,you don’t need to sing in your account.

So is that you mean there is no same problem when you are using VS2013?

When using VS0215. if you have singed in to all the Visual Studio by the same account.

Considering the account security. VS2015 will need you to  reenter your credentials.

As far as I know, we have to use different account for every Visual Studio 2015 to avoid this problem.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Thursday, January 07, 2016 5:48 AM
  • Thank you very much 

Lake Xiao

I'd love to make a different account to every VS, but like I said we have over 100 computers and it's very difficult to make this happen

if there's another solution, I'd love to hear it

and is there a way of entering a code instead of entering a Microsoft a ccount to sign in 

then perhaps we can avoid the problem

thank you very much

• Edited by Saeed92 Saturday, January 09, 2016 7:26 AM
    Saturday, January 09, 2016 7:21 AM
  • Hi Saeed.

I know your situation, I also get the same result as yours, but I’m afraid it really has this specific requirement in current version.

If possible. You could submit a feature request:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your idea there so the others can vote it.

If you submit this suggestion, you might post that link here which will benefit others who has the similar issue, I will vote it. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, January 11, 2016 2:53 AM