Frontpage website RRS feed

• Question

• User-1211567575 posted

I am currently maintaining an older Frontpage 2000 website with an Access 2000 database. I have created numerous .asp update pages and would like to know how to add a time/date stamp for when I both add and modify a record. Is it possible to create some sort of macro or code for this within the .asp page itself?

Ron

Thursday, June 15, 2017 12:06 PM

All replies

• User-460007017 posted

Hi gcqji,

Where do you want to add the time stamp? Code or database? In sql server, there is a function which is called auditing, it will record the operation every time the database get changed. However, in windows access, I'm not sure whether there is any function like this. Maybe you could add a time column add rewrite the time column every time the database get queried/changed.

This link provide the ado method to change the database:

https://www.w3schools.com/asp/ado_query.asp

Best Regards,

Yuk Ding

Friday, June 16, 2017 3:27 AM
  • User-1122936508 posted

Is it possible to create some sort of macro or code for this within the .asp page itself?

You can certainly do this in your ASP code if you want - just use Date() to get the current date, and then add this to every single update or insert statement you have.

Another option is to have a Date/Time field in your Access database and set the default value to the current date (and/or time). You'll still need to update it when a record is updated - there's no concept of triggers in Access.

Friday, June 16, 2017 5:34 AM
  • User-1211567575 posted

Ken:

Can I get you to give me an example as to how and where the code is typed in the .asp page?

For example, if I create a date field called "recordupdated"...   will the .asp code simply update this field to the current date each time the record is updated?

Friday, June 16, 2017 12:04 PM
  • User121216299 posted

Hi gcqji,

I suggest you to upgrade your environment.

support for MS Frontpage and MS Access 2000 was ended already.

I suggest you to try to use visual studio to develop Asp solution.

you can easily able to develop Asp.net website.

it has very rich features that helps you to develop web pages.

you can download the community version of visual studio which one is free to download.

Regards

Deepak

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 9:58 AM