none
BindIFilterFromStream COM .NET IFilter Microsoft Word SQL Server Full Text Indexing SQL FileStream Abstract Search Results. RRS feed

• Question

• So I have a SQL Database with word documents (97-2000 format) stored in a varBinary(max) column that is a SQL FileStream.

I can get the documents out fine and this is not a SQL Question

What I'm trying to do is once i get the document use the IFilter to extract the text (seems to be the perfect object to do the job...)

I can read and get the text from the document stored on my desktop fine.

However I can NOT get it to work for a stream using

BindIFilterFromStream

Fails every time with a COM Exception.

Has ANY ONE ever done this? I've Googled for two days now and can't find any one whose done this with a Stream.

Found the CodeProject that reads it from the desktop, but from my searching no one has done this with a stream.

Seems crazy to store the plain text in the database or to save the database file stream to a (temp) file and read it in and delete the temp file.

The only other "hack" or work around i could think of that would allow the program to run reasonably fast is to create some sort of in memory file and pass that path to the function that reads the file in from disk.

Any one have ANY Ideas

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 5:36 PM

Answers

• http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/IFilterReader.aspx?fid=1532771&df=90&mpp=25&noise=3&prof=False&sort=Position&view=Quick&fr=26#xx0xx

Found this code project article using different search terms in google :D it works great!!!!

• Marked as answer by jmanley WI Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:17 PM
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:17 PM