Sketchflow - Change Screen Size? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Just starting to look at Sketchflow in Blend 3 RC.

I can't find any obvious way to change the default screen size used in the Sketchflow player - it always seems to run at 640x480. I can change the size of the layout root, but when the project us loaded into the player, it always crops to 640x480.

I've tried looking through the documentation, but it seems to be quite minimal at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated

Craig
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 9:31 AM

Answers

• Hi Craig,

There are a number of options around screen sizes.  If you change the width/height of the usercontrol by selecting the usercontrol in the timelime panel, and then setting the width and height in the properties panel, it should work as your desire. 

You can also set the current screen's size as the default for either type of screen, just right click the screen in the SketchFlow Map and use the "Set as Default * Screen Size".  These options can be accessed through the tools -> options -> SketchFlow menu as well.

The default size for a component screen is smaller than a navigation screen, if you create one of each and navigate to the component screen in the player using the SketchFlow Map, does it display at a smaller size?

-Chuck Hays

• Marked as answer by CraigH Wednesday, July 22, 2009 8:24 AM
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 11:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Craig,

There are a number of options around screen sizes.  If you change the width/height of the usercontrol by selecting the usercontrol in the timelime panel, and then setting the width and height in the properties panel, it should work as your desire. 

You can also set the current screen's size as the default for either type of screen, just right click the screen in the SketchFlow Map and use the "Set as Default * Screen Size".  These options can be accessed through the tools -> options -> SketchFlow menu as well.

The default size for a component screen is smaller than a navigation screen, if you create one of each and navigate to the component screen in the player using the SketchFlow Map, does it display at a smaller size?

-Chuck Hays

• Marked as answer by CraigH Wednesday, July 22, 2009 8:24 AM
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 11:37 AM
  • Hi Chuck

Thanks for your reply. I hadn't quite worked my way far enough up the timeline, I think I'd been trying to resize the layoutroot object. Sketchflow looks like it's going to become a very useful tool for us to rapidly prototype new pages in our web and WPF applications. My only negative observation so far is that Blend 3 (RC) is noticeably slower to startup than Blend 2. Is the RTM likely to have improved performance over the RC?

Best regards

Craig
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 8:24 AM
  • Hi Craig,

I'm actually having the same problem.

I set my screen size to be 480x320 originally, my default screen size was also 480x320. But then I changed it to 600x320. But it only plays 480x320 screen size.

Thanks!

Friday, October 30, 2009 4:31 PM