Mobile Report Data Formats RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have been using (what was) Datazen for a while now and so happy to see it integrated into the SSRS portal.

One bug-bear that I have always had is that the date formats always seem to appear in the format yyyy/mm/dd without any obvious way to change it.

It would be really helpful if there is a way (CSS, Branding, Configs, etc) that the date format can be changed to be based on the regional settings.

My users have often commented on the fact that the dates are not in dd/mm/yyyy format and confusing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Rick Seymour,

May I know where the format "yyyy/mm/dd" showing in the mobile report? Is it the case when you preview the mobile report? If I navigate to the data panel in my mobile report publisher, and use the sample data, the date format is just like dd/mm/yyyy. 

So may I know when you add your data, how is the date format like? 

Best Regards,

Henry 

Friday, September 22, 2017 1:39 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Henry.

When looking at the data in the Data Source, I see the dates in the format I would like...dd/mm/yyyy

However, when adding this data source into a report the data looks correct...

BUT......The only options for the date formats are .....

Hence, when my report renders the dates display as YYYY/MM/DD

Hope that makes sense.

Friday, September 22, 2017 8:37 AM
  • Hi Rick Seymour,

Thank you for your reply. Based on my testing, I can get the same result as yours.

Based on my research, currently, the data grid chart only supports these types of date format, which does not include "DD/MM/YYYY". Sorry for the limitation. 

Personally, I recommend you that submit this suggestion at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/ . If the suggestion mentioned by customers for many times, the product team may consider to improve it in the later SQL Server version. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

Best Regards,

Henry 

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:30 AM
  • Thanks Henry.
    I have done as suggested and raised a suggestion.
    I think that adding the ability to do custom formats like all other MS products would be very beneficial.

Cheers,

Rick.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:12 AM
  • Hi Rick Seymour,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. 

Best Regards,

Henry 

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:22 AM