locked
SSMA fails to migrate all rows from Oracle RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have 53 tables I need to load from Oracle into SQL Server as part of a migration to a new system.  All but three of the tables load perfectly.  Three tables load approximately 95% of the rows.  The problem tables have between 300,000 and 1,300,000 rows.  Oddly some of the tables that migrate successfully have more than 10,000,000 rows.  Does anyone have any recommendations on what to check to determine why these tables are failing to load?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Friday, July 10, 2015 4:27 AM

Answers

  • Found the problem:  Bad dates, specifically, dates earlier than Jan 1, 1753.  

    I have created an update script that checks the tables I'm loading and changes any date earlier than Jan 1, 1753 to noon on Jan 1, 1753.  The load is running now.  I've seen this before and expect I have found the problem.

    Never underestimate the ability of your staff to generate bad data.

    Ken

    Friday, July 10, 2015 5:26 AM

All replies

  • Found the problem:  Bad dates, specifically, dates earlier than Jan 1, 1753.  

    I have created an update script that checks the tables I'm loading and changes any date earlier than Jan 1, 1753 to noon on Jan 1, 1753.  The load is running now.  I've seen this before and expect I have found the problem.

    Never underestimate the ability of your staff to generate bad data.

    Ken

    Friday, July 10, 2015 5:26 AM
  • Hi Ken,

    Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. I marked your reply as answer, that way, other community members could benefit from your sharing.


    Thanks,
    Lydia Zhang


    Lydia Zhang
    TechNet Community Support


    Monday, July 13, 2015 5:29 AM