databinding? RRS feed

• Question

• questions on databinding?

1. can it handle multi-user environment?
    2. can be developed for commercial application?
    3. on parent/child binding, all records of parent are being retrieved, how about the child records? does it mean when you navigate, the child databindingsource will retrieve anew from the database and display records that meets the parent/child relationship?
    4. Is the connection open on databinding while form is running? (I sensed when you run the form, the connection is open/close process.) 

enlighten me pls.
    Grecko

• Moved by Martin Xie - MSFT Friday, August 7, 2009 6:17 AM Move it to DataBinding forum for better support. (From:Visual Basic Express Edition)
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 9:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

1.    Do you mean different operations for different users? Yes, it can. When user runs the application, you can check the user role and give user corresponding action authorization.

2.    You can use windows forms application for commercial application. If you are afraid of Windows forms security, please refer to the following page. It gives detail information about windows forms security.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fk15fz9w.aspx

3.    If you don’t handle any relationship of two tables or other data collection, the child will not show the corresponding to the data of the parent.

You can add the datarelathion to the parent/child datasource. FAQ 31 32 tells how to show master –details.

4.    This depends on what you defined: when to get the data. If you get the data in form.load event, it opens the connection when user opens this form. If you use connection.open method and forget the close the connection, it may keep opening. When you use DataAdapter, if the connection is closed before Fill is called, it is opened to retrieve data, then closed; if the connection is open before Fill is called, it remains open.

If I misunderstood you, or you have further questions, please feel free to tell me.

Best regards,

Ling Wang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Jing0 Wednesday, August 12, 2009 2:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jing0 Thursday, August 13, 2009 2:53 AM
    Monday, August 10, 2009 2:59 PM

All replies

• why dont you ve a msdn search Grecko.......
    you will get all your answers with the databinding......
    • Proposed as answer by gautamshaw Sunday, August 9, 2009 3:40 PM
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 1:41 PM
  • Hi,

1.    Do you mean different operations for different users? Yes, it can. When user runs the application, you can check the user role and give user corresponding action authorization.

2.    You can use windows forms application for commercial application. If you are afraid of Windows forms security, please refer to the following page. It gives detail information about windows forms security.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fk15fz9w.aspx

3.    If you don’t handle any relationship of two tables or other data collection, the child will not show the corresponding to the data of the parent.

You can add the datarelathion to the parent/child datasource. FAQ 31 32 tells how to show master –details.

4.    This depends on what you defined: when to get the data. If you get the data in form.load event, it opens the connection when user opens this form. If you use connection.open method and forget the close the connection, it may keep opening. When you use DataAdapter, if the connection is closed before Fill is called, it is opened to retrieve data, then closed; if the connection is open before Fill is called, it remains open.

If I misunderstood you, or you have further questions, please feel free to tell me.

Best regards,

Ling Wang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Jing0 Wednesday, August 12, 2009 2:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jing0 Thursday, August 13, 2009 2:53 AM
    Monday, August 10, 2009 2:59 PM