view crystal report from my application RRS feed

• Question

• User128190959 posted

i have a visual studio project in c#, wich has reports in crystal reports, i can view the crystal reports from my system afcourse, as i have the whole visual studio and all installed on my computer, but i cant view it on my clients computer, because i havent installed everything on his computer, and i am not even planning on doing it, any how i installed crystal report runtime and dot net 4 on his computer, but it still doesnt open, what could the problem be? any DLLs that i am missing, i heard about MSM files, merge modules, but now i dont know on how to add them to my project

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:33 AM

All replies

• User1196771204 posted

hi jameela,

The followings are the things you need to do to configure Crystal Report

1. You need to install the right Crystal Report runtime and it needs to match the Crystal Report version used on your code
    2. The READ and WRITE user permission are assigned to your CR folder
    3. The right permissions are assigned to your application pool. You need to allow LOCAL SERVICE to work on the application pool
    4. The Read and Write permission must be assigned to C:\Windows\Temp 

If you still have problems, you can consider hosting your crystal report with asphostcentral.com

Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thanks heaps! 

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 4:14 AM
  • User128190959 posted

i tried that, looks like that isnt the problem, 

is there anything we have to do during the building of the project

or in the properties of the crystal reports (in built action, what should the property for crystal report build action be?)

any changes in the solution

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 12:57 AM