The specified location is not valid, not available, or you do not have the correct permissions. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are getting this error while submitting the InfoPath Client form, and not getting this error every time but only very few times.

We have permission workflow on InfoPath form library which sets permission for different group when status of form changes.

We could not find any solution for this problem, as when user gets this this error he can't save the form. Only way to resolve is - just close the form and open it again and save. It always works next time.

Is there any time-out or session in InfoPath client form?

Please advise
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Maybe the workflow is starting while the form have not finish to submit. And if you change the rights on the item for the person that is submitting, you may have this kind off error.

Could you try to put a delay at the beginning of the workflow in order to wait that the form is completely submitted?

Hope this helps.

Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:53 AM
  • Hi, is this working?

Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/

Monday, August 6, 2012 5:16 PM
  • Hi,

I'm really sorry for replying so late. Initially I thought the same way but it is not the case.

As when user open an existing form, and tries to save it give this error. So at that time there is workflow running and there is no changes in rights. After getting this error, if user close the form without saving and open it and submit again, it just works fine. 

Is it related to any Alternate Mapping or any browser setting. Even Microsoft isn't helping us. They need to reproduce the error but we can't. It is so random. Same user updated 5 forms , out of which she got error on 1 one of them. This is so frustrating. we are out of options.

Even Microsoft said there is no known issue with infopath client form.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:52 PM