Change in desktop shell appearance RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I recently cloned my current platform BSP and created a new OS Design project to use the cloned platform BSP; the NK.bin from this build has resulted in the desktop shell looking ever so slightly different.  Even building the original OS Design + original BSP results in the changed desktop shell.

The differences are as follows:

• Start button is missing the text "Start" which makes the button smaller.
    • The system tray area looks different:
    • -- clock time is in smaller bold text
    • -- the show desktop button has a different icon
    • -- the clock and language area now has a more flat look to the area, i.e. it is not lowered down as it was before.

This is not a major issue but I'd like to know why it has changed, if anyone can tell me what could cause such appearance changes, it would be greatly appreciated.

Am using Adeneo/TI Windows Embedded Compact 7 ARM-A8 BSP for AM335X processor Version 02.30.00 with modifications to support our custom designed hardware board.

I tried to attach images showing the differences but my account is not verified, so I was unable to do this.

Thanks

John

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 6:20 PM

Answers

• Check whether you had included the "SYSGEN_QVGAP" in your OS Design.If yes,remove that SYSGEN variable and try "Clean Sysgen" and test it.

Regards,

Prabu [eMVP]

My Blog

Please mark it as answer or vote as helpful if my reply helps.

• Marked as answer by kornysoftware Wednesday, August 7, 2013 9:22 AM
    Wednesday, August 7, 2013 7:09 AM

All replies

• Check whether you had included the "SYSGEN_QVGAP" in your OS Design.If yes,remove that SYSGEN variable and try "Clean Sysgen" and test it.

Regards,

Prabu [eMVP]

My Blog

Please mark it as answer or vote as helpful if my reply helps.

• Marked as answer by kornysoftware Wednesday, August 7, 2013 9:22 AM
    Wednesday, August 7, 2013 7:09 AM
  • Yes noticed this setting had made it's way in through some mistake I must have made in the process.  I did remove SYSGEN_QVGAP and the start taskbar looks the way it did before I went through the cloning process, so this worked :-).

Thanks for your help

Regards

John

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 9:22 AM