none
Sopported USB 3.0 port detected with unknown bandwidth. Kinect may or may not be compatible with your hardware. RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Kinect V2 Device (Model- 1656) with windows 10 enterprise edition. We are developing Kinect app (WPF Desktop application). We are using VSTS 2013/2015 and Kinect SDK 2.0 and following are my system configuration-

Corei7/16GB with NVidia graphics card.

http://support.hp.com/de-de/document/c04579997

When we run Kinect V2 configuration verifier, we are getting below error in "USB controller"

Please suggest any solution. we have updated driver for USB 3.0

Thanks Ranveer Katiyar

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 10:00 AM

All replies

• It seems from your link, you use Intel's USB controller on a mobo which may be Pegatron ipm87-mp, so it's supported.

Have you run any apps? Are they also failing? Check this post:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/20dbadae-dcee-406a-b66f-a182d76cea3b/troubleshooting-and-common-issues-guide?forum=kinectv2sdk

• Edited by Proksi Wednesday, February 3, 2016 12:55 PM
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 12:55 PM
  • I currently have a new customer with an Alienware computer.

6th Gen i7, 16gb, 1tb hd, 530hd and nivida graphics, intel usb 3.

I have done all my tricks with this computer and can not get a stable FPS.  It bounce between 8 and 30.  Screen flicks.

There does not seem to be a good way to dig into these problems other then what was said above.

Frustrating to say the least.

David

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 7:11 PM
  • Just be aware that the kinect might not like to share the USB bandwidth with other devices connected to the same USB bus. You might test if it works with only the kinect, just a tip.

Friday, February 5, 2016 10:11 AM
  • We are having the EXACT same issue while trying to set up our kinect. We are not particularly tech minded but my husband has RSI & can't use a mouse or pen & tablet for long & is a photographer =S not ideal we know! We thought that using the kinect instead of a mouse would be our saviour! But honestly we're fumbling around trying to get it set up & don't really know what we're doing. Sorry for the sob story but any help we can get would be appreciated! Thanks in advance. The Techtards....
    Friday, February 5, 2016 10:43 PM
  • Sorry for the same response, but have you tried any SDK demos, do they fail?

If your USB controller's incompatible, it might restart/run/stop, cycling...

If it works, lights up, etc, try Control Basics demo, then see other apps.

If it's restarting you may won't to check is your USB controller listed here...

If listed as working maybe try uninstalling it from device manager and restarting. If not you may get a PCI Express card that uses some of the controllers listed working. If your computer has a free x4/x8/x16 slot you may use it...

Sunday, February 7, 2016 6:11 PM