Converting Web performance test into coded UI test RRS feed

• Question

• How can we convert the recorded web performance test to coded ui test?
    • Moved by Forrest Guo Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:43 PM forums restructure (From:Visual Studio Web Performance and Load Testing)
    Friday, December 14, 2012 4:23 PM

Answers

• Hello Latha,

Thank you for your post.

If you want to convert the recorded web performance test to Coded UI test, as far as I know it is not possible.

A web performance test works at the HTTP level. It is not "really" testing the UI rather it takes an approach of given request X do I get expected response Y. Through a web performance test, we can test if a server responses correctly and the response is consistent with what we expected. The coded UI test performs actions on the user interface controls for an application and verifies that the correct controls are displayed with the correct values.

If this feature is important to you, I suggest that you could submit this feature request:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your ideas/suggestions there and people can vote.

Thanks for your understanding.

If I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Amanda Zhu Tuesday, December 18, 2012 12:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Thursday, December 20, 2012 6:45 AM
    Monday, December 17, 2012 2:43 AM

All replies

• Run a Web Test, in the short of the web test click General Code, name the test press OK. To run the test right click in one of the methods click run coded test.

Friday, December 14, 2012 9:59 PM
  • Hello Latha,

Thank you for your post.

If you want to convert the recorded web performance test to Coded UI test, as far as I know it is not possible.

A web performance test works at the HTTP level. It is not "really" testing the UI rather it takes an approach of given request X do I get expected response Y. Through a web performance test, we can test if a server responses correctly and the response is consistent with what we expected. The coded UI test performs actions on the user interface controls for an application and verifies that the correct controls are displayed with the correct values.

If this feature is important to you, I suggest that you could submit this feature request:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your ideas/suggestions there and people can vote.

Thanks for your understanding.

If I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Amanda Zhu Tuesday, December 18, 2012 12:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Thursday, December 20, 2012 6:45 AM
    Monday, December 17, 2012 2:43 AM
  • Hello Latha,

I am marking my reply as answer. If my suggestion can’t help you, you can come back and unmark it as answer. If you have anything unclear, please feel free to come back and ask me.

Best reagrds,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]

Thursday, December 20, 2012 6:45 AM