none
ActiveSync Fetch command fails with 501 Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am able to successfully issue a Search command on a collection and get results from Exchange 2013 server. I then use the LongId to retrieve content of an email using ItemOperations fetch command. This command fails with "501 Not Implemented Error", with the error text:

"The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because a header value in the request does not match configuration settings."

The Request Headers have the following:

POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?DeviceId=id&User=user&Cmd=Fetch&DeviceType=xyz HTTP/1.1
    Host xxxx.outlook.com
    X-MS-PolicyKey xxxx
    Accept-Language en, fr, de, ja, nl, it, es, pt, pt-PT, da, fi, nb, sv, ko, zh-Hans, zh-Hant, ru, pl, tr, uk, ar, hr, cs, el, he, ro, sk, th, id, ms, en-GB, ca, hu, vi, en-us;q=0.8
    User-Agent deleted
    Proxy-Connection keep-alive
    Accept */*
    Content-Type application/vnd.ms-sync.wbxml
    Connection keep-alive
    Keep-Alive 300
    Cookie X-BackEndCookie=S-1-5-21-2447848828-1310731447-1641304557-15151342=u56Lnp2ejJqBzs6Zz8fHm5zSx56Zz9LLx5mb0saZyM/SzM7PzcrHmcfJy87OgZyTno2WioyMhoyLmpKM0ZCRkpacjZCMkJmL0ZyQkoHN0M3I0M3PzszfxsXLzsXOzN+vsg==
    Authorization Basic auth-deleted
    Content-Length 160
    MS-ASProtocolVersion 14.1
    Accept-Encoding gzip, deflate

Here is the XML request:

<ItemOperations xmlns:airsync="AirSync" xmlns:airsyncbase="AirSyncBase" xmlns="ItemOperations">

<Fetch>

<Store>Mailbox</Store>

<airsync:CollectionId>5</airsync:CollectionId>

<search:LongId>

RgAAAABpxfJV8PQMQZQDi4Taj3PmBwC0rd%2f5opc5SIOqVPFQByHVAAAA4uWtAAC0rd%2f5opc5SIOqVPFQByHVAAAimQRIAAAJ

</search:LongId>

<Options>

<airsyncbase:BodyPreference>

<airsyncbase:Type>1</airsyncbase:Type>

<airsyncbase:TruncationSize>5120</airsyncbase:TruncationSize>

<airsyncbase:AllOrNone>0</airsyncbase:AllOrNone>

</airsyncbase:BodyPreference>

</Options>

</Fetch>

</ItemOperations>

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:42 PM

Answers

• Hi  CLActiveSyncUser,

Please provide more information about what happened before the failure. Could you provide an unencrypted network capture starting from the session establishment and containing the 501 failure? Be sure that the capture doesn’t contain any confidential information. I assume that the size of the capture is small enough so it can be sent as attachment to ‘dochelp (at) microsoft (dot) com’ and in the e-mail please indicate that it is for me.

Thanks, Vilmos
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:50 PM
  • Hi  CLActiveSyncUser,

Because there is no respond to this issue since my last posting, I assume your problem is solved and I’ll mark this thread as answered. If you wish to proceed in the future, please post to this thread.

Thanks, Vilmos

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:55 PM
  • This issue is resolved. In the URL for the request I had Cmd=Fetch. Instead, the URL should have Cmd=ItemOperations and everything works.

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:01 PM

All replies

• Hi CLActiveSyncUser:

I have alerted the open specifications team regarding your in quiry. A member of the team will be in touch soon.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:03 PM
    Owner
  • Hi CLActiveSyncUser,

I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon.

Regards,
    Vilmos Foltenyi - MSFT

Friday, March 1, 2013 5:36 PM
  • Hi  CLActiveSyncUser,

Please provide more information about what happened before the failure. Could you provide an unencrypted network capture starting from the session establishment and containing the 501 failure? Be sure that the capture doesn’t contain any confidential information. I assume that the size of the capture is small enough so it can be sent as attachment to ‘dochelp (at) microsoft (dot) com’ and in the e-mail please indicate that it is for me.

Thanks, Vilmos
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:50 PM
  • Hi  CLActiveSyncUser,

Because there is no respond to this issue since my last posting, I assume your problem is solved and I’ll mark this thread as answered. If you wish to proceed in the future, please post to this thread.

Thanks, Vilmos

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:55 PM
  • This issue is resolved. In the URL for the request I had Cmd=Fetch. Instead, the URL should have Cmd=ItemOperations and everything works.

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:01 PM