none
_references.js file’s auto sync option does not display in context menu

Question

• Not sure which forum this belongs to so thought I would start here.

I have an ASP.NET MVC 4 project.

Per this blog post, I added a _references.js to my scripts folder. When I right click the file, I don't see an option for "Auto sync javascript references".

What must I do to enable the "Auto sync javascript references" option?

There was also a msconnect issue filed on this a while back.

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2015
    Version 14.0.24720.00 Update 1
    Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version 4.6.01038

Installed Version: Professional

JetBrains ReSharper Ultimate 2015.2   Build 103.0.20150818.200216
    JetBrains ReSharper Ultimate package for Microsoft Visual Studio. For more information about ReSharper Ultimate, visit http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper. Copyright © 2016 JetBrains, Inc.

NuGet Package Manager   3.3.0
    NuGet Package Manager in Visual Studio. For more information about NuGet, visit http://docs.nuget.org/.

• Edited by scott_m Tuesday, February 2, 2016 11:33 PM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 11:31 PM

Answers

• Hi scott_m,

I don't have the professional version now, but I test it using the VS2015 Enterprise and VS2015 community version with update 1. They all work normally.

VS2015 community result:

As far as I know, the professional version would support the features of community version. Could you test it in other VS2015 machine?

Maybe you could re-download the VS2015 from the official site, and then re-install it again. Please use the "custom" setup option when you see the setup wizard. 

Please also reset your VS settings, and then create a simple MVC app, test it again.

TOOLS->Import and Export Settings Wizard->Reset all settings->select “No, just reset settings, overwriting my current settings”->Choose a Default Collection of settings.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, February 4, 2016 2:51 AM