Uninstall RRS feed

• Question

• Is it ok to uninstall Visual C++ 2005 Express Editon now that 2008 is out?
    Saturday, May 23, 2009 7:48 PM

Answers

• I think Express is missing the project converter.  So, probably not if you care about your old projects.

Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by Nancy Shao Monday, June 1, 2009 1:38 AM
    Saturday, May 23, 2009 9:31 PM
  • Hi Lostcaused,

I have read you thread carefully, I am not sure I understand you correctly.

But if you want to know whether it is necessary to uninstall Visual C++ 2005  and then install Visual C++ 2008, as far as I know, you could use these two versions of Visual C++ in same machine, they will not conflict with eachother.

If you want to ask the application which develped in Visual C++ 2005, and you want to open in Visual C++ 2008, it also work fine with project converter even in Express Version.

If I misunderstood you, or you have any problems, please let me know.

Best Regards,
    Nancy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, May 29, 2009 7:46 AM

All replies

• I think Express is missing the project converter.  So, probably not if you care about your old projects.

Hans Passant.
    Saturday, May 23, 2009 9:31 PM
  • Hi Lostcaused,

I have read you thread carefully, I am not sure I understand you correctly.

But if you want to know whether it is necessary to uninstall Visual C++ 2005  and then install Visual C++ 2008, as far as I know, you could use these two versions of Visual C++ in same machine, they will not conflict with eachother.

If you want to ask the application which develped in Visual C++ 2005, and you want to open in Visual C++ 2008, it also work fine with project converter even in Express Version.

If I misunderstood you, or you have any problems, please let me know.

Best Regards,
    Nancy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, May 29, 2009 7:46 AM