LPT port tutorial for C# and C++ in Visual Studio 2015 is needed for Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I want to program the LPT port from C# and C++ code, but I need tutorial for this.

framework: Visual Studio 2015.

*********************************** Motherboard LPT port ***********************************

8 LED's are connected to the LPT port's data bits trough resistors. I need such a homepage / PDF documentation which describes how to access the LPT port from C# and C++ under Windows 10, Visual Studio 2015. How to read and write bytes to the data input/output ports. The are two other registers, not just the data register. The STATUS and CONTROL registers, which I also want to use.

There is a question with my motherboard BIOS settings: What setting I need to choose in the BIOS for the LPT port:

Standard Parallel Port
    EPP Mode
    ECP Mode
    EPP Mode & ECP mode

*********************************** USB-> LPT cable ***********************************

Exist a cable which called USB- > LPT cable. I also want to use this cable as an LPT port in C# and C++ code under Windows 10. My question is: how?

Some info about my cable:

ID 067b:2305 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2305 Parallel Port

Thanks,

Gabor

Monday, January 25, 2016 10:17 AM