the type initializer for 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server.ByteArray' threw an exception. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I am having this error while checking in in tfs, it is frustrating no one is able to check-in their code.

Visual Studio:

"The type initializer for 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server.ByteArray' threw an exception."

I am not really sure what is causing this error please advise. 

Monday, January 27, 2014 10:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Johnny,

Based on your description, I'd like to know the version of TFS and VS you're using. You can try the following methods to see if it works for you:

1. Switch to other team projects to see if it works fine.

2. Have a try on other machines to check it works

3. Install service pack or patches for current TFS, also for Visual Studio

4. Do a repair installation for current TFS or VS if possible

5. Clean team foundation cache manually to see if this issue can be resolved:

• Clean the Cache folder on client computer. The folder path is: C:\Users\username(Team Explorer user name)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Team Foundation\4.0\Cache. (os: Windows Server 2008 R2)
    • Clean the Cache folder on Server machine. The folder path is: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Team Foundation\Web Access\Cache_v11.0. (os: Windows Server 2008 R2)
    • After cleaned, on Server machine, click Start and select Run… to open the dialog box, then input iisreset.exe and click OK, wait it run completely.

If above methods not work, please elaborate more details about your scenario for further investigation.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:41 AM